Hi guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I am so excited to share these healthy matcha donuts and lavender coffee recipes with you! I LOVE matcha and live for lavender in anything that I make but I was tired of paying way too much whenever I wanted these flavors in a drink or food. I LOVE to try new recipes so I wanted to create my own version of them! If you know me, then you know that when I know that I am getting coffee, sometimes I bring my own creamer! I know, that is crazy but once you taste this creamer, you’re going to want to have it in all of your coffees.
Matcha Donuts: Gluten Free, No Refined Sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend: I use this one.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda: I use this one.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt: I use this one.
- 5 tablespoons sugar of your choice. I use this coconut sugar and always add a little more for taste.
- 2 teaspoons Matcha powder. I use this one.
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens. You can omit this ingredient if you don’t have it. I use it for added health benefits, color and taste!
- 1 egg.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil. I use this one.
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of your choice: I used this coconut milk.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Feel free to add more or less based on your taste!
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana.
Side note: If you are unhappy with the color, you can add food grade green food coloring or add more matcha. I added a drop of green food coloring for extra green.
Now that you have what you need, here is how you make these delicious beauties!
Preheat you oven to 425 degrees.
Mix all of the dry ingredients – baking soda, flour, salt, sugar of choice, matcha powder and Vital Proteins Greens.
Start to mix the egg, melted coconut oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract and mashed banana in a another bowl. Make sure that the coconut oil is melted so it blends easier.
Combine all of your dry and wet ingredients together until the batter is formed. FYI: it will be more on the dry side.
Grease a donut pan with coconut oil and form dough around the donut pan slots.
Bake for 10 minutes and let cool before icing. FYI: The first time I made these 10 minutes was too long for my batch and that’s why the donuts in the photo are brown on the outside. I suggest starting at a lower time and watching them as you test the inside with a toothpick or fork.
This white sugar glaze is optional but if you’re interested follow the steps below!
- Mix powdered sugar with your choice of milk. In this case, I used the same coconut milk. Start to stir until the consistency is right to drip over the donuts. If you want the glaze to be green, slowly add in your match powder. You may need to add more milk as you add matcha and more powdered sugar based on your liking and taste.
There are a few ways that you can make this lavender coffee creamer! For this specific day, I had Starbucks Blonde Roast Iced Coffee left over so that was used for my base. If you are starting from scratch, brew your favorite coffee choice whether that is hot or a cold coffee. When your coffee is hot, this is the time where you would stir in your choice of sweeter or sugar. I used the same coconut sugar in the Matcha Donuts in this creamer recipe. All of these ingredients can be used in your lavender creamer in any amount that you like based on how much lavender you like to taste and how sweet you like it.
- Your choice of coffee.
- Lavender: You can use food grade lavender drops or an edible lavender essential oil but I used a handful of this organic dried lavender.
- Sugar or sweeter of choice: I used a tablespoon of honey and the same coconut sugar.
- 1 can of coconut milk: I use this one.
It’s time to make this amazing creamer!
- Bring your can of coconut milk to a simmer.
- Add your choice of sweeter. In this case, add your coconut sugar and honey to your liking and stir.
- Add your desired amount of lavender. I added a handful of the dried lavender to the milk.
- Stir occasionally and cover for 15 minutes.
- Strain lavender out and pour out the creamer into a mason jar. BAM! Now you have your own coconut milk creamer with lavender that you now can add into your daily coffee!
Feel free to play with this recipe! Feel free to add more or less based on your desired sweetness in your coffee. You can also add ingredients like vanilla and cinnamon for added taste and benefits.
If you make any of these, tag me so I can see and enjoy with you! Feel free to let me know if you are interested in any other specific recipes! I am so stoked to share more of my passion of health through baking!
Photographer and featured in photos: Sweet Flours