HEALTHIER AND LONGER HAIR!
Hi loves! I’ve got all of your questions answered today! How to get healthier and longer hair! I know you all are wanting to get healthier, stronger and LONGER hair. Well, guess what? I am here to give you all of my tips and tricks to get your hair long again and most importantly healthier!
As a cosmetologist myself I am always wanting to try new things to play around with in my hair to help it grow! The beautiful Laura at the Red Scarlet Salon took care of me and my eager urge to change things up! I always have dark hair, so it was time for a real change!
We first, darkened my roots to a level 3 because I LOVE dark hair! Next we added some highlights throughout my entire hair for change! Y’all ever feel like you just need to do something so random to your hair to get out of a funk? That was me. Laura nailed it once again!
She then trimmed up my ends and layers! I have been growing my hair out since a hair show last summer! I adore going to this salon because they make you feel at home and there is no drama while relaxing. You know you girl doesn’t do salons with gossip! Another thing about this salon is you can have a glass of wine if you’d like. It’s just all about YOU.
So for those of you who are wanting to get your hair longer and healthier, here are my tips and tricks that actually work!
- DO NOT wash your hair everyday. I can go more than a week without washing my hair now because its trained to produce natural oils now. The longer you go, your hair adjusts and conditions itself!
- DO NOT use heat on your hair everyday! I know some of us think that our natural hair is awful looking without some heat, but sister I promise if you’re trying to grow it out, that is slowing the process down!
- USE OIL. So many people think that using oil makes your skin or produce more oil. EH WRONG. Using coconut oil for example on your skin and hair moisturizes it! You have to give your hair and skin a drink.
- DO NOT brush your hair so roughly while its wet! If you have to brush your hair after a shower, use one that is meant for that! I linked the exact brush that I use on myself and clients above!
- IF you have to color your hair and like to keep it up color wise, watch the amount of times you are doing that! If you can, I suggest using bleach as little as possible!
- HAIR MASKS! They are not just hype. At least once a week, I drown my hair in castor and coconut oil! I sleep in it over night! Sometimes I go a few days in it with a hat on to keep in the heat! It makes a huge difference!
- STOP comparing your hair to others. Just like your life, your hair is on a journey and some others just go a little faster. This is about getting you healthier and having your hair grow longer as a plus!
- When you are using conditioner, don’t condition your scalp! Saturate your ends and hair in it only!
- TAKE PROGRESS PHOTOS!
- Embrace your hair. Learn to love those baby hairs that are oh so annoying. Wear your curly out more often even though you wanted it straight! I promise you, your hair is already beautiful.
These are just a few tips that you can start doing to get your hair on a healthier track so it can grow faster! Incorporating the products that I have linked above will make a huge difference as well as what you are eating!
Now for my secret weapon! If you are not on a hair, skin and nails supplement I highly suggest you start! I have found THE BEST one that actually works.
Want to know that secret?
Follow these tips and I guarantee your hair will grow! You will get 40% too!
Be sure to check out the The Red Scarlet Salon and the beautiful Laura!